Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Preview: "The Taming of the Shrew"

Next Thursday, June 15th (eek!) the Richmond Shakespeare Festival kicks off its 9th year at Agecroft Hall with The Taming of the Shrew. (Thursday and Friday are "preview" nights; the show officially opens on Saturday.) I just got home from rehearsal and I am kicking back with a strawberry smoothie and a righteous exhaustion.

Director Anthony Luciano works us hard; he has high expectations and a very challenging vision for the show. But what exhausts me is keeping up with my fellow actors. I spent the whole night with Foster Solomon (Petrucchio) and Scott Wichmann (Grumio), and both of those gentlemen are extremely tough acts to follow. I've been lamenting my role as straight man (Hortensio) for weeks, but tonight I really got to just enjoy the heck out of watching Foster and Scotty go.

If you're around Richmond, please come on out. Check out Richmond Shakespeare online for tickets. You don't want to miss the husband-and wife team of Foster Solomon and Susan Sanford as Petrucchio and Kate, and this is one of the best ensemble casts I've ever worked with.

The show runs from June 15 through July 9, Thursday through Sunday evenings at 8.

I'm too tired to write anything more creative. This is my third entry today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home