Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pet Peeve #4588


I'm watching the Atlanta-Cincinnati football game on Fox this afternoon (Michael Vick is my fantasy quarterback this week). If I hear Troy Aikman refer to Cincinnati's team as "the Bangles" one more time I'm going to eat a shoe.


Putting aside the fact that, as a Redskins fan, I hate Troy Aikman with a passion hotter than the surface of the sun, shouldn't a professional football announcer be able to pronounce both "Bengals" and "Jaguars" correctly? They aren't Bangles, and they aren't Jagwires. (Though Chad Johnson could certainly come up with some way to incorporate "Walk Like an Egyptian" into a touchdown dance. Boo-no.)


By the way, "Alge Crumpler" is a fun name to say, though not as fun as "Carlester Crumpler."

18 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home