Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Andrew Hamm Narrates "RV 2007" on HGTV

Last year, I got a call pretty much out of the blue from Brainbox Talent and Studios in Silver Spring, Maryland, asking if I would be available to record a voice-over that week. I had submitted my voice to them several months earlier for a gig I didn't get and promptly forgot about it. Well, producer Jason Nicholls liked my voice, needed a younger-sounding artist, and had a tough deadline coming up. That, and the fact that I'm non-union, combined for a pretty cool experience recording what was essentially a "draft" track for Brainbox to submit a rough cut to HGTV. A one-afternoon gig, "more than beer money," as Jason described the pay, and a pleasant drive up and down I-95. Cool.

A few months later, Jason called me again. HGTV liked the show, and they liked my voice enough to want to use me for the final product. Another drive up to Maryland, another afternoon of talking, and more than more than beer money. A handful of lines needed to be re-recorded a few days later, but I was able to do that remotely from my home studio and send the files up to Brainbox via email. How awesome is that?!

Then a sad thing happened. I got so tied up with Doctor Faustus and Twelfth Night that I forgot to check when the show was airing! My national V/O debut and I totally missed it! I've been bumming about it for months.

But lo and behold! HGTV, knowing everyone in America will be watching football, is rebroadcasting RV 2007 this Sunday at 5:00 PM! So you can tune in during football commercial breaks to hear my stupid voice yapping about travel trailers and other such stuff.

Unfortunately, I will be busy playing music for Christ Church's birthday party while it's airing, so I will have to settle for the lesser thrill of watching a videotaped broadcast rather than the excitement of hearing my voice on live television. But I'm still excited as heck!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2007 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Yeah - Boo Yah!
    Glad you got your hard sweat earned dough and little truck back. But doesn't it just figure it has to be that way?! Geesh!

    Ok, speaking of:
    Ange Hamm 1, The Man 0
    how about...
    Skins 1-0 tomorrow (now we're talking). I'm looking forward to your blogging about the Skins.

     
  • At 9/10/2007 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Excellent job Ange. You did a very professional job with that.

     
  • At 9/25/2007 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bob and I have to run out and buy a $2 million RV now, you were so awesome!

    Sa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home