Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Vegetarian Delight!

We had a hankering for hot subs at lunch yesterday, so Karen and I decided to eat lighter for dinner. She busted out her Linda McCartney cookbook and made stuffed peppers.

They were awesome. Organic green peppers stuffed with rice, tomatoes, pine nuts, and a meat substitute which I like to call "feat" (fake + meat). It was flipping awesome. We determined to eat a nice vegetarian meal every weekend and more vegetarian during the week.

That said, no one is taking my meat away. As soon as scientists can develop a melon that tastes and feels like boneless buffalo wings or a gourd that moos, I'm down. But I love meat.

A side note: Did you know that God designed Adam and Eve to be vegetarians? They may even have been fruititarians, in fact. It isn't until after the fall that God ushers them out of the garden and shows them the uses of animal flesh that they start wearing fur coats and eating meat. So why did Adam and Eve have canine teeth? It's a mystery...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12/10/2007 2:38 PM , Blogger JB said...

    or belly buttons for that matter.

    Andrew - will you and your wife consider contributing an article to my sister's blog called Food and People - I think you'd both be great contibuters. Check out my blog for the details.

     
  • At 12/11/2007 9:31 AM , Blogger Andrew Hamm said...

    Yeah, DID Adam and Eve have navels? All the Renaissance art of the Garden of Eden says yes...

    I'll talk to Karen about the blog. I can think of at least 35 stories that I'D like to tell, apart from her entirely...

     
  • At 12/11/2007 1:28 PM , Blogger @rno said...

    Hi Andrew,

    If you only eat meat because it tasts so good...

    Have you ever killed a cow with your own hands?

    Sorry, I have never eaten a dead animal in my whole life. So I don't know what I'm talking about.

    Have a nice life.

    Arno
    The Netherlands

     
  • At 12/19/2007 10:05 AM , Blogger Andrew Hamm said...

    Well, I also eat meat because I have canine teeth and because I'm designed to metabolize animal flesh to gain essential protein. But mostly because I love steak and boneless buffalo wings.

    No, I have never had to kill a cow with my own hands. I pay other people to do that for me. I also don't weave my own cloth, sew my own clothes, or harvest my own vegetables.

    I love the Netherlands. An increasing number of my best friends seem to have Dutch ancestry. Also, one of my favorite lines from Gettysburg, one of my favorite films is when Tom berenger says, "My people were Dutch."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home