Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

R.I.P., P.C.

My computer died a quiet, peaceful death overnight. Attempts to resuscitate it this morning were unsuccessful, and it was pronounced dead at 7:14 PM Eastern.

Seeing as how this is my fourth or possibly fifth computer of the past decade, I'm done. I don't want to be a PC any more. I'm ready to be converted to the church of Mac. So bring on the hallelujahs, Mac devotees and converts. I want to be saved, I want to be healed, I want to be born again!

Explain to me why I should spend $1100+ on a MacBook instead of half that much on the familiar confines of a Windows-based laptop, brothers and sisters.

(Watch: I'll go home and the damn PC will work again, and I'll somehow manage to convince myself I can work with it for another few months.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10/14/2008 4:42 PM , Blogger Wayne Conners said...

    I've recently made the same decision. The last two computer selections I made were driven by economics, and they work, well, like Windows machines. My HP laptop with Vista that I bought one year ago has completely locked up three times within the past week. I installed the latest Service Pack not long before. Coincidence? I think not. The older Dell desktop does a little better, but not much. I'm done. The next computer of any kind is a Mac. Here's why it's worth the money: They Just Work.

     
  • At 10/15/2008 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Explain to me why I should spend $1100+ on a MacBook instead of half that much on the familiar confines of a Windows-based laptop, brothers and sisters.

    Don't forget to add the cost of buying software which you will need. I can't give you any good reasons. I certainly hope you don't expect a Mac to last longer or be more reliable than a Windows PC. If you do, I think you are in for a steep learning curve and dissapointment. Neat OS though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home