Andrew Hamm: the Bipolar Express

Ruminations on theatre, music, and just about anything else that crosses my bipolar brain.

Monday, April 02, 2007

What's Next?

Here's what's on tap for the Hammster:

It's Holy Week, so I'm working on music for Christ Church's Easter services. I'm playing percussion and various instruments (mandolin and accordion, if I can figure out a cool way to include them) at all three services. I'm also playing drums and sound effects for the Easter Vigil, where they are using the Old Testament drama I wrote last year again. I've added another art to my arsenal, as I will be creating a visual representation of one of the Stations of the Cross for Friday's service. I should probably get started on that, huh?

The day after Easter, I leave for Los Angeles, where I will be training with Shakespeare Festival / L.A. for Will Power to Youth this summer. Five days in L.A., finishing with a flight home on Friday the 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious.

And of course, the day after Twelfth Night closed, we had our first production meeting for the 2007 Richmond Shakespeare Festival. Yes, less than 24 hours after closing the downtown season, I had already started work on music for The Tempest. (I'm looking for a percussionist and violinist, if you know anyone.)

But of course the big news of the day:



It's Opening Day, boys and girls.
Baseball is so good.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2007 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Andrew. I have a drummer for you...Michael Williams (son of Harriett Traylor and Eric Williams – both actors in Richmond). He is at Shenandoah University majoring in music (freshman) but is planning on being home this summer. He has some experience playing in shows at Barksdale and he is also a really good actor (which I think helps). Anyway his e-mail address is: mwilliam4@su.edu.

     
  • At 4/03/2007 1:13 PM , Blogger Andrew Hamm said...

    Killer! I'll contact him!

     
  • At 4/03/2007 7:37 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    i'm counting down for football myself... 4 months and counting...

     
  • At 4/03/2007 9:21 PM , Blogger Frank Creasy said...

    Unlike you and Scott and some others, I'm not a big baseball fan (okay, I'm NOT a baseball fan). Yet there's something special about opening day, because it says "SPRING IS HERE DAMMIT!" And of course, we're all then prompted to be outside more doing all sorts of things. And I must admit, while watching a baseball game is, to me, the height of boredom (golf and bowling are the only sports less interesting to watch in my book), actually GOING to a live baseball game is a thing of pure joy. You can't help but feel like a privileged, blessed American citizen when you sit in the stands with a cold one watching a game that will end - God knows when? And in today's highly scheduled, sound-bitten, attention-deficit society, it's one of the few leisure endeavors in which you feel entitled to pay no attention whatsoever to time.

    But I digress, Andrew, because you mentioned playing music for upcoming Easter services. All the more reason to feel blessed: The love of God, and the music of Andrew Hamm. And in case anyone is trying to read between the lines for sarcasm, let me assure you there is none herein.

     
  • At 4/03/2007 9:22 PM , Blogger Frank Creasy said...

    Editorial note: I meant watching a baseball game ON TV is the height of boredom. Notable omission in the post, sorry.

     
  • At 4/05/2007 9:05 AM , Blogger Andrew Hamm said...

    Hey, guys: you want to go to the July 4th R-Braves game? I'm planning to get tickets for Karen, myself, and my best friend Matt, who's visiting from Oklahoma. The more the merrier.

     
  • At 4/05/2007 9:37 PM , Blogger Frank Creasy said...

    If we can swing reserved seats (box seats would be nice, but not required), then I'm sure I could persuade Carol to join. We've done it before, it's always a blast.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home